Pages

Just A click and you are a winner

Tuesday 29 October 2013

World Tallest Man,Sultan Kosen has gotten married *check pics*

We're today happy to announce that Sultan Kosen, the
world's tallest man, has married in a private ceremony in
the south-eastern city of Mardin in Turkey.
Standing at 8 foot 3 inches, the 30 year-old towered
over his new wife, 21 year-old Merve Dibo who
measures 5 foot 9 inches.
Sultan rose to fame in 2009 when he was recognised by
Guinness World Records as being the world's tallest
man.
On his first visit to London, UK, in September 2009 he
said that he hoped his newfound fame would change his
life, and help him find a wife: "It's really difficult to find
a girlfriend. They are usually scared of me. Hopefully
now that I'm famous I'll be able to meet lots of girls.
My dream is to be married."
In the two years that followed Sultan's life did change;
the exposure his record-breaking stature received saw
him benefit from free life-saving surgery to stop his
growth, specially tailored clothing and the opportunity to
travel the world. It was only on Sunday, however, that
he fulfilled his dream of getting married.
The couple met through a mutual friend. She travelled
from her home of Hasaki, in Syria, to his village Dede
köy in Turkey to meet him.
They only begun dating two months ago, but say they
knew immediately that they wanted to be together.
Sultan says: "When I looked into her eyes, I knew it was
love". Merve says: "At first everyone around me told
me not to marry him because of his height, but I fell in
love with his heart, not his height. His height doesn't
bother me at all."
The couple, who are Muslim, enjoyed a full wedding
party following Sunday's ceremony with over 1,500
guests, including a representative from Guinness World
Records and local dignitaries.
After the wedding the happy couple headed back to their
specially made home in Dede köy, where they say they
hope soon to have two children "god willing."
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone provided by Airtel Nigeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment