Pages

Just A click and you are a winner

Friday 25 October 2013

#VAB. PDiddy's Confessions: “My Father Was A Drug Dealer”

World famous star Sean (Diddy) Combs reflects on
his childhood making intimate and heartbreaking
confessions.
"My father was a drug dealer so I learned early in life
that there's only two ways out of that," he said in the
video segment "Confessions."
The piece aligns with the launch of Diddy's latest venture,
Revolt TV.
"I've never spoken openly about my father … but
launching @Revolttv moved me to share and let ppl kno
the truth," he tweeted Wednesday along with the video.
Diddy used Twitter to publicly reveal the truth behind his
father's passing.
"My father was killed when I was 3 yrs old," he wrote.
Although the celebrity was a little kid then and there was
no much time left for relationship with his dad, he
expressed how he still influenced his life.
"They say you can't miss something you never had, but
that's only a little ways right. There's definitely been times
as I've gotten older that I've missed my father - his
presence - not being here," he confessed.
"Not having someone to ask manly advice," he continued.
"The things that you would ask your father. Also things
that you would celebrate with him that would make him
proud."
While his father chose street life, Diddy took those lessons
and followed a different path.
"Sometimes you can't just answer why things happen but
I definitely think the route I went on - staying out the
streets and hitting my books and trying to be somebody -
I think he played a role in that," he added.
Beyonce's sister Solange Knowles retweeted Diddy's video
and wrote: "Your story is a MAJOR source of inspiration
for @SaintRecords and all the young black kids trying to
build and innovate. Bless!"
Before concluding his video confession Diddy, with tears in
his eyes said:
"My father's name was Melvin Combs and I'm Melvin's
son, Sean Combs."
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone provided by Airtel Nigeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment