Pages

Just A click and you are a winner

Thursday 7 February 2013

ENYEAMA REVEALS: I was trained by Barca coach for AFCON


Assistant Captain of the Super Eagles, Vincent Enyeama has told SportingLife that he was knocked to shape by coaches from Barcelona, Israel and Turkey and also surrendered the winning of the 2013 AFCON to almighty God.
Soccer fans in South Africa have been amazed and thrilled by the awesome form of the Israel based goalkeeper who has been the stand-in Super Eagles Captain since Nigeria’s match against Ethiopia.
He, however, confessed to SportingLife that it was as a result of hard one month training in the hands of coaches from Barcelona, Israel and Turkey that brought out the best in him in the on-going 2013 AFCON in South Africa.
“I will give much credit to my coaches because I had coaches from Barcelona, Israel and Turkey they really helped me. We had one month training together before the commencement of the final build up for the Nations Cup,” he said.
He also declared that he has never worried about rejection and condemnation from Nigerians most especially when he was not having good games since he is aware of the emotional attachment of Nigerians to football.
“ It is not a new thing to be criticized by Nigerians. I was criticized before coming to the Nations Cup but I thank God for where we are today. I am used to this because I have played for this country for 11 years and I can tell how we react to matches and results. When you make a mistake my people will come down hard on you pom, pom, pom,” he said with laughter.
He was also spiritual about Nigeria’s chances of winning the AFCON Trophy. “God is author and finisher of everything if He wishes us to win we will win, if not there is nothing we can do about it,” he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment